The Chapter Safety Professional of the Year (SPY) Award is a long established annual award, intended to recognize a deserving Columbia-Willamette Chapter member for outstanding leadership and service in the Safety Profession.
This document outlines the Chapter’s guidelines and procedure for nominating a chapter member for the 2021 Chapter SPY Award.
Nomination Guidelines and Procedure
Eligibility. To constitute nominee eligibility, all of the following apply.
- Professional Member, Member, or Associate Member of the Society
- Member of the Columbia-Willamette Chapter
- Employed full time in the safety and health profession
- Not a SPY award recipient in the past five years
Criteria. Nomination is based on the nominee’s past five years activity, with special emphasis on the more recent activity. In general, the professional deserving of recognition as a leader in safety will have contributed to the establishment, improvement, and/or advancement of the safety profession in the Columbia-Willamette Chapter geographical area including Mt. St. Helen’s and Santiam sections.
Professional achievement and contributions in the following main categories will be considered.
- ASSP and or Chapter involvement
- Professional employment
- Community and public service
- Educational institutions
- Regulatory agency and technical organization
- Other pertinent achievement and contribution
Achievement and contributions in the above categories include, but are not limited to, exemplary leadership, technical proficiency, professional mentoring, lectures/presentations, publications, program development, innovations and other related activities.
Nomination Form. The nomination form must be completed in its entirety.
- Additional comments must be limited to two pages.
- Nomination form must be returned to Barbara Aguon by February 1, 2021
- Questions? Please contact Barbara Aguon 503-720-1153