Chelsea’s Closet is a rolling dress-up closet that provides monthly dress-up parties for seriously ill children in children’s hospitals. Our goal is to bring a smile to their faces and joy to their hearts and have them forget – if just for a few moments – the struggles they are facing. The children have an opportunity to select a complete NEW* costume of their choice with accessories. CHF hosts a party/fun event and a parade around the ward to show off the costumes. For many of the kids this will be their one time out of their rooms for the day. Children unable to leave their rooms also have an opportunity to select a new costume, a craft project and a goody bag.
Current Donation Needs:
- 0 – 6mo costumes any style but love the “body sack” versions so they easily fit on their legs and with a diaper.
- 2T – 3T Princess and Superhero (Cinderella, batgirl, wonder woman)
- 2T – 3T, 3T – 4T and 4-6 Dinosaur, Ninja or Superhero
- Teen Onesie zip up front pajamas. All sizes
- Anything silly like cow, panda, unicorn, minecraft, pokemon, harry potter, etc. They are sometimes referred to as union suits but are found in the pajama sections of Walmart, Target and Fred Meyer. These go really fast and are only out in stores until early November usually.
- Ninja kits
- Cozy blankets
- Silly adult size slippers (for teens – they love fun slippers)
- Girls Legos
- Teen color books
- Fidget spinners
- Spoke lights or spoke beads (for wheelchairs wheels- easiest to find as bicycle wheel decorations)
- Playing cards especially uno, skip bo, monopoly, phase, Farkle etc.
Make a Cash Donation: https://chelseahicks.ejoinme.org/donations
It is because of your support that we are able to bring hope and
healing to seriously ill children through dress-up and play.