NW Natural Water | Portland, Oregon (Hybrid)
JOB SUMMARY: Under basic supervision, administers NW Natural Water’s environmental, chemical, and occupational safety programs to inspect and verify compliance with Federal, State and City rules and regulations for all of NW Natural Water. NW Natural Water has locations in Oregon, Washington, Texas, Arizona & Idaho. This person is required to live in the NW Natural Water Service area and will oversee all of NW Natural Water in all 5 states.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
Bachelor’s Degree in related field; AND four years of experience in safety, utilities or environmental regulatory programs; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Federal and State rules and regulations governing occupational safety, including state and federal Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA)
- Federal and State rules and regulations governing environmental health and safety, including Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR),40 CFR 260 to 265 and 40 CFR 266 to 299.
- Techniques for investigating environmental, health and safety concerns and conditions.
- Guidelines used in environmental quality controls.
- Safety protocols, and regional environmental protection issues.
- Techniques for investigating occupational safety and health concerns and conditions.
- Regional occupational safety issues.
- Record keeping and technical reporting principles and procedures.
- Interpreting Federal and state safety/health rules and regulations.
- Recognizing, evaluating, and controlling environmental hazards.
- Using effective methods and techniques to deliver adult education and training programs pertaining to EH&S.
- Answering questions, advising staff, and assisting with EH&S issues.
- Preparing, maintaining, and reviewing EH&S records, reports, and documentation.
- Entering data into computer databases with skill.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing standard office and specialized software such as?.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in MS Office & Teams preferred but not required.
- Public presentation skills preferred by not required.