LOCATION Vancouver, WA
The EHS Business Partner will play a strategic and vital role in the safety, sustainability, and success of our business. Through partnerships across the organization, this person will drive environmental, health, and safety leadership within Great Western Malting. This partnership will aid in achieving our sustainable Safety for Life goals while aligning to our Malt Values within the framework of the Malt EHS Plan, Malt policies and procedures, and the North America EHS Process.
- Provide comprehensive partnership and advice to senior management on Environmental, Health and Safety matters, ensuring full compliance with North American legislation and company policies.
- Maintain and develop the necessary EHS standards to ensure the environmental, health and safety of company personnel, visitors and contractors.
- Ensure that all incidents are investigated and reported in compliance with current company procedures; report significant incidents to the Environmental, Health and Safety Executive line with strict adherence to reporting requirements.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with Malt’s EHS policies, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Streamline EHS processes through identifying and addressing gaps between procedures and practices, then provide feedback to leaders on required actions.
- Partner with the other NA EHS Business Partners to implement and maintain ISO 14001 & ISO-45001 (OHSAS-18001), Management System, at all sites.
- Collaborate with the other NA EHS Business Partners and Global Analyst, EHS Technical Systems, to ensure effective due diligence documentation is developed and maintained.
- Coordinate with the international Malt EHS Business Partners to ensure a uniform approach to EHS success, while conforming to legal, industry, and company regulations and standards.
- Ensure the AVA Enterprise EHS system is maintained and fully utilized within North America.
- Coordinate with the Global Analyst, EHS Technical Systems, to direct the development and maintenance of EHS data and reporting systems within Great Western Malting.
- Facilitate the development of people’s EHS leadership capabilities at all levels of the organization through coaching and leadership.
- Support the company’s diversity strategies and participate in regional or global teams to develop EHS initiatives.
- Responsible for the timely execution of North American environment projects such as site permits, Environmental Site Assessments, Environmental Audits, site clean-up actions, sustainability improvement/reporting projects and SEDEX/CSR reporting projects.
- Ensure accuracy in collection and reporting of data.
- Serve as the primary backup for the other North American EHS Business Partners.
- Ability and willingness to regularly travel to other sites (domestic and international including Canada, Australia).
- Strong and proven background with ISO 14001, ISO 26001 & ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001).
- Proven environmental auditing experience.
- Experience in environmental permit approval and development; approval and management experience including required agency reporting is a must.
- Ability to build constructive working relationships with local, State/Provincial, and Federal regulators, as well as with remote site management teams and senior management.
- Proven ability to work with Operations and Engineering teams to identify, develop and implement sustainability improvement projects that impact environmental footprint and manufacturing costs.
- Demonstrated success developing effective outcomes with Environmental Non-Government Organizations (NGO), such as SEDEX, Carbon Reporting Project, RiverKeepers and EcoVadis.
- Computer proficiency, particularly with MS Office 360 programs and flow charts. Experience with AirsWeb AVA a plus.
- Analytical and investigative skills especially as applied to risks, hazards and incidents, including TapRoot investigations and BowTie.
- Ability to interpret legal requirements and standards and develop processes that reflect the company’s practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including tact in negotiating and influencing.
- Experience carrying out in-house training relating to company procedures.
- Current/valid passport; current driver’s license with own transportation and the ability to rent a car for business purposes.
- Bachelor level degree in EHS or related field; graduate degree is a plus.
- Certificate in Applied HACCP Principles is a plus.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided. We offer a generous benefits package including: medical/dental/vision/RX plan, flex spending accounts, EAP, paid holidays, paid time off program of 4 ½ weeks, basic & voluntary life insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) plan, fitness subsidy and tuition reimbursement. Employees are eligible for product discounts through our CMG Homebrew Division, as well as discounts from various external vendors.