Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Currently, Chubb is recruiting for a Property & Casualty Risk Engineer for the Portland Branch which is located in Portland, OR. The position reports to the Branch Risk Engineering Manager in Los Angeles, CA.
The primary focus of this position is to provide an understanding of a client’s operations to our underwriting team; counsel clients on best practices related to their existing operations and programs (employee safety, fleet, facility maintenance, business continuation, products safety, etc.); assist clients with identifying hazards within their facilities and, as appropriate, provide recommendations for improved practices; discuss and provide Chubb’s risk engineering services to meet client needs and/or improve the accounts loss history (i.e. business continuation planning, employee safety training, safety committee support, product safety review and evaluate building fire protection systems). On-site visits with existing and prospective customers will be conducted and comprehensive reports will be completed that evaluate hazards and controls for adequate risk selection, pricing, and application of underwriting techniques leading to profitable growth.
Day to day activities will include scheduling client visits, processing client correspondence and inquiries, report completion and recommendation follow-up and coordination with claims and underwriting partners to insure we exceed service expectations and consistently support satisfactory risk selection and client retention.
The territory encompasses primarily the State of Oregon and Southwestern Washington. Occasional travel is required to Seattle, Washington and Southern Idaho as business needs warrant. The position requires overnight travel approximately 2-3 nights per month.
Technical Skills Required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in property, casualty, and worker’s compensation insurance risk management and loss prevention functions, primarily focused on evaluating hazards and controls.
- Strong proficiency in hazard identification skills, with an emphasis in Property, Products & Worker’s Compensation coverages.
- Counseling and providing presentations to existing customers on a variety of safety related topics.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Comprehensive understanding of existing exposures and safety controls for the following lines of business: property, business interruption, product liability, workers’ compensation, and commercial vehicle. Fire pump test knowledge and industrial hygiene knowledge is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficient interviewing techniques and technical report writing ability.
- Initiative, effective time management and ability to function both independently and as an integral team member.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat. A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is preferred.
- Four-year college degree with major in Safety & Health, Sciences or Engineering preferred.
- Possessing relevant professional designations or certifications such as CSP or ARM is highly desirable.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associate Recruiter, Talent Acquisition