Location Clackamas, OR
Responsible for the successful accomplishment of the corporation’s safety and environmental goals and objectives through the cost effective utilization of allotted financial, plant, and human resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist the line organization by building good safety awareness and attitudes throughout the work force. Develop, maintain, and promote a system of rules and procedures to prevent accidents.
- Assist the line organization by training employees in all aspects of accident prevention. This includes ensuring adequate records of training are kept.
- Inspect site facilities competently for safety environmental compliance. Prepares Groton site for inspections, as required.
- Recommends changes in procedures, as necessary, to comply with state, local and federal requirements. Advise management on EPA, DEP, OSHA regulatory development. Keeps site management aware of all current safety-related issues, both internal/external.
- Develop and coordinate a clear system to investigate all work-related accidents/injuries for cause; recommends disciplinary action, when necessary.
- Maintains all records required by law with respect to safety issues, including adequate accident and injury statistics and supplying this information to the line organization.
- Coordinates employee safety meetings and programs; publishes minutes of meetings for management and employee distribution.
- Maintains written hazardous material program in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.1200.
- Maintain positive relations with local fire protection services in case of emergency. Schedules and carries out evacuation drills to ensure site is ready in case of emergency. Monitors fire emergency equipment to ensure they are in working order.
- Maintains safety equipment inventory.
- Coordinates all health related employee testing, as necessary. Maintains safety equipment inventory.
- Actively supports and adheres to all management policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to environmental compliance and safety.
- Establishes environmental training on a variety of environmental topics.
- Arranges and coordinates annual environmental training for appropriate personnel in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepares and submits requisite local, state, and federal environmental reports. Prepare applications for permits for air and water pollution control.
- Establish procedures for proper disposal or recycling of all materials in the waste stream. Establish and manage a proactive waste minimization plan.
- Manage the disposal program of all toxic and hazardous substances at the site. Select appropriate vendors and maintain all manifest records in an organized manner for audits.
- Coordinate and manage the site Haz-Mat response team to ensure adequate and timely containment and cleanup of all environmental emergency situations.
- Act in the capacity of Company liaison with local, state, and federal compliance agency officials.
- Act as project manager for hazardous material inventories, control and management.
- Provide technical evaluation and support to evaluate alternative substances in the manufacturing process with reduces or no levels of toxicity.
- Advise management on EPA, DEP and OSHA regulatory development.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting of heavy castings and working in a heavy manufacturing environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Chemical, Industrial or Safety Engineering.
- 2-5 years in heavy industrial.
- Broad knowledge of safety practices, chemicals, local, state, federal laws and OSHA standards.
- Thorough understanding of OSHA standard, 29 CFR 1910, engineering, OSHA degree or CSP preferred.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.