Shearer’s Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Based in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer’s operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia and Canada and received the snack food industry’s highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility.
The Company offers its customers a unique value proposition that includes innovation, product development, manufacturing, and category management expertise.
This role is accountable for leading a comprehensive factory safety and wellness process using a proactive approach. This role has an overall responsibility for leading with factory management the factory’s number one priority; the safety and well-being of all team members.
- Lead a caring safety culture that is focused on people
- Lead processes necessary to ensure a safe working environment
- Lead the facility to meet or exceed established corporate safety goals aligned with business need
- Lead processes necessary to be compliant with applicable federal, state and local safety requirements
- Lead programs to promote safe behaviors throughout the facility
- Lead programs to correct unsafe acts and unsafe conditions with the workplace
- Financial Controls and Budgeting: Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to maintain a safety budget with an emphasis on practical business and financial responsibility
- Lead a wellness culture to promote healthy lifestyles for all team members.
- Lead wellness programs to promote a healthy lifestyle for all team members.
- Lead the implementation of a wellness incentive program.
- Manage company sponsored health clinics where applicable
- Financial Controls and Budgeting: Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to maintain a wellness budget with an emphasis on practical business and financial responsibility
Key Leadership Competencies
- Coaching and Leading others
- Caring positive approach
- Motivating others
- Wholes systems thinking
- Managing projects and processes
- Bachelor degree in Safety and Environmental Management or similar
- Four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lead others
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels
- Knowledge of OSHA and other State/Federal requirements
- Ability to work flexible schedule
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS – The Safety and Wellness Manager will have a direct reporting relationship with the Plant Manager of their facility and a dotted line to Shearer’s Vice President of Safety and Wellness.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Interested applicants should email your resume to email@example.com.