Location Portland, OR
Fosters, directly and indirectly, by action, example and a comprehensive safety program throughout SSBO. Monitors potential health and safety conditions of the workplace; identifies problems, recommends solutions, and ensures that the on-going safety system is corrected to incorporate the changes.
- Participates in the development of Facility/Division-wide safety initiatives, goals, and objectives. Develops recommendations for improvement of safety procedures, practices and activities that support these goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements, through supervisors and managers, an effective safety performance tracking and measurement system. Collaborates on a scheduled basis with management/departments to interpret the results and effect the corrective actions.
- Serve as expert and contact in respect to health and safety trends and matters.
- Working with leadership, engineers, and support divisions to integrate EHS concepts into processes with the goal of developing a strong safety culture
- Evaluates and provides selection advice on existing or emergent risk management control technologies.
- Keeps abreast with technical developments and OSHA related regulations that affect the safety considerations for operations. Incorporates new information into existing operations, where applicable.
- Takes part in review of all serious disabling injuries/fatalities. Responsible for effective operations record keeping and OSHA document compliance.
- Provides safety guidance to cross functional teams on plans and specifications for new or proposed changes in process, equipment or methods and reviews for compliance with safety standards before acceptance or use.
- Collaborates with supervision in the administration of the Light Duty Work Program and in the assignment of eligible employees in accordance with established practices.
- Analyzes emerging technology for the identification of potential hazards and control methods.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, plus 5-8 years of related and progressively more complex experience.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to accomplish results in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with Lockout/Tagout, Confined Spaces, and Machine Guarding preferred.