Location Portland, OR
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Mondelez International is committed to meeting or exceeding all applicable Safety and Environmental regulations and leading a World Class HSE culture to achieve a sustainable, safe, and incident-free work environment. The HSE Pillar Lead drives the Company Health, Safety, Environmental, and Security Management Systems through the Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) process. This position will require excellent management and leadership skills to ensure program compliance, execute strategic plans, and engage people in continuous improvement.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and overseeing implementation of all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) programs and processes. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, and Mondelēz policies and continuous improvement in key identified measures and objectives. Prepares and builds consensus annual strategic plans for plant-wide HSE initiatives.
- Reports directly to the Plant Manager and is a member of the plant’s leadership team, participating on strategic and tactical objectives for the facility.
- Leads the HSE Pillar for IL6S; responsible for ensuring capabilities, action plans, and work processes are appropriately implemented through the Pillar Team. In addition, the Pillar Lead will participate as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Understands relevant technical requirements in HSE and ensures proper compliance and communication with relevant Company policy and regulatory standards.
- Provides HSE expertise for the plant for all new projects and management of change activities.
- Manages and leads direct reports including Safety Loss Lead, Environmental Specialist/ Loss Lead, Security Lead, and other related contractor specialists.
- Manages the HSE budget to stay on track.
- Plans and requests capital and expenses for HSE to ensure execution of the HSE plan and adherence to all internal and external compliance standards.
- Ensures appropriate risk assessments are conducted and corrective actions are implemented to minimize or eliminate HSE related incidents, property loss, security breaches, and environmental loss that might cause harm to one of the company’s employees, contractors, visitors, assets or reputation.
- Ensures that the appropriate talent is in placed through training, mentoring, and succession planning and supports development and learning capabilities of plant HSE team members.
- Provides linkage to the Regional HSE Manager/Lead by actively participating and implementing Company policy, programs, initiatives, and best practices.
- Ensures the facility standards are in compliance with both Company and governmental/community regulations. This includes maintaining and continuously improving the HSE performance indicators in the HSE data system (Enablon).
- Ensures a proactive Safety Committee Team
- Leads the Security/Food Defense Program including the ensuring Global Security standards are followed and leading the contracted Security Team.
- Manages the Workers’ Compensation Program including the temporary restricted duty program.
- Ensures training and coaching are taking place to drive a zero loss culture and to ensure HSE standards and awareness are well understood throughout the plant organization.
- Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
- BS Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Environment or Safety or related disciplineo Knowledgeable on HSE topics, standards and programs
- Experience in leadership, training and auditing
- HSE Qualification/Designation, Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
- Experience operating in TPM / IL6S environments
- Skills/Leadership Competencies
- Technical functional excellence in HSE and demonstrated thought leadership
- Project management skills, particularly utilizing outside engineering and/or technical resources
- Self-motivated to drive and attain results and improvement
- Ability to build strong relationships with team members, Plant leadership, employees, contractors, unions, and related government agencies.
- Strong communication, training and presentation skills
- Good managerial courage, with appropriate priority setting and the ability to resolve conflict in progressive manner
- Strong 24/7 business acumen and organizational agility
- Interpersonal savvy with the proven ability to lead change and motivate others
- Relevant computer software skills including spreadsheet, presentation, messaging, and document software.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a HSE practitioner
- Experience in Supervising or Managing people preferred
- Appropriate auditing experience of HSE systems
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.