Is your company looking for a qualified Safety Professional? Contact Aubrey Sakaguchi, ASP by email, by phone at (541) 517-4618, or by fax at (503) 584-9698 to have your opening posted here.
Recruiters—Please contact Aubrey Sakaguchi when posting is filled to have your post removed so we can keep only available positions active on the site. Thank You.
The City of Tigard’s Risk Management Division is currently seeking a qualified Risk Analyst to join the team. We are looking for a solution-oriented problem solver, to help manage our citywide safety and insurance program. This position regularly communicates directly with employees at all levels and in all departments of the organization. The successful candidate will organize and manage projects supporting the City’s Risk Management program, including analysis of complex data and ensuring projects move forward in a positive way.
The best candidate will be focused on problem solving through collaboration while thinking both strategically and analytically. Help us protect what we have while creating and building community together.
The City of Tigard values diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences. We are committed to building a workforce of diverse voices to impact decision making, drive growth, and better serve our community. We strongly encourage those wanting to work with and serve diverse populations to apply. We would love for you to consider joining Team Tigard.
Please review the Management Analyst classification for additional details about this job.
Examples of Duties
Leading Safety for Team Tigard
Work with a knowledgeable and safety focused group of teammates spanning city departments, to find solutions that improve safety in every department in the city. The safety committee is an integral part of the city‘s safety program, and a big part of how you will keep your fingers on the pulse of safety at Tigard.
Read and interpret compliance rules. Work with department experts to determine the scope of how rules will impact each team and prepare engaging training related to new rules. Present your training to Team Tigard (some of the finest people in all of Oregon) to ensure they maintain the highest level of safety in the workplace.
A theft claim hits your desk before you do in the morning. You read the report and head out the door with your camera and notepad in hand. A walk around the site, a few photos and lots of notes on what happened and what was taken give you the information you need to file a claim. You’ll work with familiar faces from our insurance carriers and provide the documents they need to support a claim.
Something New Every Day
Tigard is a city where every person’s contribution maters. In Risk Management, expect to encounter new situations and questions every day and be part of the solution. This makes the work we do challenging and interesting. You will have the opportunity to provide input to impact change and keep city employees safer. Minimum Qualifications
Any combination of training and experience, which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business or public administration, finance, or a related field AND
- Two (2) years increasingly responsible professional administrative and analytical experience in government, including experience in policy analysis, organizational development, insurance, safety compliance, and/or risk management.
Omega Morgan – Hillsboro, OR
Omega Morgan believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the individual nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
This role is responsible for driving a safety culture by effectively communicating an enhanced vision, accountability, and metrics across the organization to ensure meaningful improvement in safety performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive a safety culture by effectively communicating an enhanced vision, accountability, and metrics across the organization to ensure meaningful improvement in safety performance
- Develop an understanding and leverage various internal technology platforms (examples include, but are not limited to):
- Absorb, a comprehensive Learning management System, that is leveraged by the field for required safety training
- NetraDyn, vehicle safety
- Develop safety related resource materials and conduct safety related training sessions
- Support safety managers and field personnel on all safety matters
- Meet with customers regarding job site safety as necessary
- Handle other requests in support of Risk Management and Safety functions
- Advise executive team and operators on safety matters
- Lead safety committees and participate in operational safety meetings
- Perform incident investigations and continuously improve our incident investigation process using Root Cause Analysis
- Interact with regulatory agencies at the Federal, State and Local levels
- Perform predictive modeling for incident avoidance and claims elimination