Santiam Section Professional Development Course – Fall Protection Awareness and Program Management
Upcoming Meetings Schedule
Next Meeting: Decision Making & Unconscious Bias
Presenter: Eric Connley & Siobhan Murphy
When: Tuesday, April 10th (Meetings begin at 7:10 am. Ends approximately 8:30 am.)
Where: Comfort Suites
630 Hawthorne Ave. SE
Salem, Oregon 97301
Cost: Membership meetings are free for both ASSP members and non-members. $5.00 if you would like breakfast at the hotel breakfast bar.
Members and Guests, Thank you for being a member or guest of the Santiam Section of the Columbia-Willamette Chapter. We want to take this opportunity to invite you to our monthly meetings. Guests are always welcome. We would like to see more people at our meetings and welcome your input.
- Do you have recommendations for speakers and topics?
- Do you regularly attend our monthly Santiam Section meetings? (Why or why not?)
- If not, What would motivate you to attend the meetings?.
- How are the meeting time and location for you?
- What would you like to see the Santiam Section do to support the safety profession locally and you in your professional development? In the past, we have had an AED grant for schools, hosted Professional Development Conferences, hosted webinars, and hosted a CSP study group.
Please email your suggestions and comments to our Section at SantiamSection@cwc.assp.org.
Upcoming Meeting Topics
- April 10, 2018 (Topic: Decision Making & Unconscious Bias)
- May 8, 2018 (Topic: Oregon OSHA Silica Rule for General Industry & Construction)
- June 12, 2018 (Topic: TBD)
- July 10, 2018 (Topic: LEAN Safety)
- (NO MEETING in August)
[Updated 3-22-2018] The Santiam Section will hold elections for officers at our May 8th, 2018 Section Meeting. The Santiam Section will have an opening for Vice-Chair.
Candidates for Vice Chair: Nathan Taylor
Bio: Nathan Taylor is a native Oregonian who graduated from Eastern Oregon University with a B.S. in Business Management and Economics. Mr. Taylor specializes in using statistical analysis paired with collaborative problem solving efforts between field workers and management to develop a construction safety program that is second to none. Mr. Taylor is an active member of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP), the Association of General Contractors (AGC) Safety & Health Council, Oregon OSHA’s Construction Advisory Committee (CAC), chairs the Northwest Utility Contractor’s Association (NWUCA) Safety Committee, and is currently the Excavator Representative on the Gubernatorially appointed Oregon Utility Notification Center (OUNC) Board of Directors.
Available Section Meeting Minutes:
- Santiam Section Meeting_2016-10-11_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2016-11-08_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2016-12-13_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2017-01-10_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2017-02-14_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2017-04-11_Minutes
The Santiam Sections’ Executive Committee meets on the Thursday the week after the membership meeting each month. This is usually the third Thursday but is sometimes the fourth Thursday. Guests are always welcome.
We meet at 7:00 AM at the Broadway Coffeehouse, located at 1300 Broadway Street NE, Salem.
The dates for the upcoming Santiam Section Executive Committee meetings are:
- March 22, 2018
- April 19, 2018
- May 17, 2018
- June 21, 2018
- (NO EX MEETING in JULY)
- Aug 23, 208
ASSP Santiam Section Bylaws:
Available Executive Meeting Minutes:
- Santiam EC Meeting_2016-10-20_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2016-11-17_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2016-12-21_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-01-18_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-02-23_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-03-23_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-04-20_Minutes