For more details, or to register = https://cwc.assp.org/events/fall-protection-training/
Upcoming Meetings Schedule
Next Meeting: Moving Towards Significant Safety, Health – and Longevity
Presenter: Robert Pater, SSA/MoveSMART(r)
Description: It’s no surprise that “movement-related” injuries – soft-tissue/strains/sprains, slips/trips/falls, bodily reaction, caught between – many more – are pervasive, costly and debilitating. Surprisingly (?) the “right” movements can not only prevent these injuries, but numerous studies reveal are associated with living longer, as well as healthier and safer.
When: Tuesday, May 14th. Arrive by 7:00 am, meeting starts at 7:10. Meeting typically conclude around 8:30 am.
Where: Comfort Suites
630 Hawthorne Ave SE, Salem, OR 97301
Cost: Membership meetings are free for both ASSP members and non-members.
Size Limit: No size restrictions for this event.
Members and Guests, Thank you for being a member or guest of the Santiam Section of the Columbia-Willamette Chapter. We want to take this opportunity to invite you to our monthly meetings. Guests are always welcome. We would like to see more people at our meetings and welcome your input.
- Do you have recommendations for speakers and topics?
- Do you regularly attend our monthly Santiam Section meetings? (Why or why not?)
- If not, What would motivate you to attend the meetings?.
- How are the meeting time and location for you?
- What would you like to see the Santiam Section do to support the safety profession locally and you in your professional development? In the past, we have had an AED grant for schools, hosted Professional Development Conferences, hosted webinars, and hosted a CSP study group.
Please email your suggestions and comments to our Section at SantiamSection@cwc.assp.org.
Upcoming Meeting Topics
- May 14, 2019 (Moving Towards Significant Safety, Health – and Longevity / Robert Pater, SSA/MoveSMART(r) )
- June 11, 2019 (Officer Installation & Oregon OSHA Updates)
- July 9, 2019 (Topic: Work Zone Safety)
- (NO MEETING in August)
- Sept, 10, 2019 (Topic: Suicide Awareness & Mental Health)
- Oct 8, 2019 (Topic: Drones)
- Nov 12, 2019 (Topic: Wellness)
- Dec 10, 2019 (Member Appreciation)
[Available Section Meeting Minutes:
- Santiam Section Meeting_2016-10-11_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2016-11-08_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2016-12-13_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2017-01-10_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2017-02-14_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2017-04-11_Minutes
The Santiam Sections’ Executive Committee meets on the Thursday the week after the membership meeting each month. This is usually the third Thursday but is sometimes the fourth Thursday based on when the membership meeting occurs. Guests are always welcome.
We meet at 7:00 AM at the Broadway Coffeehouse, located at 1300 Broadway Street NE, Salem.
The dates for the upcoming Santiam Section Executive Committee meetings are:
- April 18, 2019
- May 23, 2019
- June 20, 2019
- (NO EX MEETING in JULY)
- Aug 15, 2019
- Sept 19, 2019
- Oct 17, 2019
- Nov 14, 2019
- Dec 19, 2019
ASSP Santiam Section Bylaws:
Available Executive Meeting Minutes:
- Santiam EC Meeting_2016-10-20_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2016-11-17_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2016-12-21_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-01-18_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-02-23_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-03-23_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-04-20_Minutes