Message from Michiel Majors, Chapter Chairperson:
“With the recent events surrounding the Coronavirus, and the impacts that it has made upon all of our daily lives, I wanted to send out a message to our members and attendees.
In this trying time, we must remember that we are in this together and no matter the obstacles, the Santiam Section of the ASSP will work diligently to support each of our members to meet our mission of promoting safety and health in the workplace. With that being said, we’ve had to work through a number of obstacles and regrettably had to cancel one of our meetings and postpone most of our events. However, through the commitment of our Executive Board we have decided to move into the world of virtual online meetings and in May we will host our Section’s first virtual meeting. The focus of this virtual meeting will be on sharing resources with one another and answering questions, along with maintaining some social connections while we practice physical distancing.
Please reach out to me directly or any member of the Santiam Section Executive Board if you have questions or need any assistance.”
Upcoming Meetings Schedule
Next Meeting: May 12th, 2020 at 8:00 AM. This meeting will take place using Zoom Online Virtual Platform. To request a link and access codes to join the meeting please email SantiamSection@cwc.assp.org.
Topic: Open Discussion: Navigating COVID-19 Recovery & Resources
Facilitator: Michiel RG Majors, Section Chairperson
Members and Guests, Thank you for being a member or guest of the Santiam Section of the Columbia-Willamette Chapter. We want to take this opportunity to invite you to our monthly meetings. Guests are always welcome. We would like to see more people at our meetings and welcome your input.
- Do you have recommendations for speakers and topics?
- Do you regularly attend our monthly Santiam Section meetings? (Why or why not?)
- If not, What would motivate you to attend the meetings?.
- How are the meeting time and location for you?
- What would you like to see the Santiam Section do to support the safety profession locally and you in your professional development? In the past, we have had an AED grant for schools, hosted Professional Development Conferences, hosted webinars, and hosted a CSP study group.
Please email your suggestions and comments to our Section at SantiamSection@cwc.assp.org.
Upcoming Meeting Topics
- May 12th, 2020 (Open Discussion: Navigating COVID-19 Recovery & Resources)
- June 9th, 2020 (Tentative: Officer Installation, Networking Event & Tour – Mountain House, Albany, OR)
- July 14th, 2020 (OSHA Updates – Bryon Snapp, Oregon OSHA)
- Aug (No Meeting)
- Sept 8th, 2020 (Mental First Aid – Rebecca Bolante)
- Oct 13th, 2020 (Tentative: Silica Workshop PDC – Vaughn Pugh)
- Nov 10th, 2020 (“Managing the Gray” – Bryon Snapp, Oregon OSHA)
- Dec 8th, 2020 (Member Appreciation – Speaker TBD)
Available Section Meeting Minutes:
For a copy of section meeting minutes, submit a request (including the month and year needed) to the following email: SantiamSection@cwc.assp.org.
The Santiam Sections’ Executive Committee meets on the Thursday the week after the membership meeting each month. This is usually the third Thursday but is sometimes the fourth Thursday, based on when the membership meeting occurs. Guests are always welcome.
We meet at 8:00 AM via video conference. To be included in the video meeting please email us at the following link: SantiamSection@cwc.assp.org.
The dates for the upcoming Santiam Section Executive Committee meetings are:
- May 21st, 2020
- June 18th, 2020
- July 16th, 2020
- Aug 20th, 2020
- Sept 17th, 2020
- Oct 15th, 2020
- Nov 19th, 2020
- Dec 17th, 2020
ASSP Santiam Section Bylaws:
Available Executive Meeting Minutes:
For a copy of executive meeting minutes, submit a request (including the month and year needed) to the following email: SantiamSection@cwc.assp.org.