Congratulations to our own Wesley Lashbrook, MS, CSP, CIH, who has been elected ASSP Practice Specialty Assistant Administrator – Industrial Hygiene.
Wes has played a significant role for Mount St. Helen’s Section and Columbia-Willamette Chapter. He has been a Professional member for 34 years and has been Chapter House Delegate, served on many committees including ByLaws and Development Committee, and was Chapter President. He has also been very active in the industrial hygiene community and a member the American Industrial Hygiene Association
He is the Senior Partner, Safety Professional and Industrial Hygienist for G.E.W. LLC. He has a M.S. in Environmental Health Management and Adult Education from Oregon State University. He is a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and Certified Safety Professional (CSP) both in Comprehensive Practice (by examination).
For more than thirty years he has assisted numerous organizations throughout the United States, in both the public and private sector. He managed from inception to commercialization – projects including: interactive risk assessment software; a mass/energy balance for optimizing EHS resources and a comprehensive EHS cost analysis model.
His past and present professional leadership positions and awards include, among many others:
- Vice Chair and Chairman AIHA National Safety Committee
- Secretary AIHA National Occupational Environmental Medicine Committee
- Education Chair, Ptld Area, Pacific NW American Industrial Hygiene Assoc.
- President, Silicon Forest Safety Professionals
- Director, Pacific NW Semiconductor Safety Association
- Industry Chair, Benton County (OR) Hazardous Materials Response Plan
- Board of Directors of the Silicon Forest Safety Professionals
- Northwest Liaison – Semiconductor Safety Association
In addition to his other professional duties, Wes spend 43 years as a Reserve officer in the United States Air Force where he enlisting as an Airman Basic and retiring at the rank of Colonel. He is a veteran of both the conflicts in Bosnia and Iraq. He currently assists the USAF as an Academy Liaison officer assisting applicants for the United States Air Force Academy.